UK Work Permit Visa, the Tier 2 work permit category forms a core component of the UKBA’s points-based system for managed migration. The UK is one of the World's most popular immigration destinations for people wishing to live and work in a new country. Since 2010 the UK government has made a series of changes to UK immigration law in order to restrict immigration to the UK, especially from outside of the EEA. UK work permit visa.
Before you can apply you must satisfy the following work permit requirements:
- Have received a confirmed offer of employment from a licensed UK employer who will act as your sponsor; and
- Be in possession of a Certificate of Sponsorship issued by your sponsoring employer; and
- Pass the points-based assessment, details of which can be found on the category specific work permit pages listed below. UK work permit visa.
There are three main categories of UK work permit we advise on. These are:
- Tier 2 General - Skilled Worker
- Tier 2 Intra-Company Transfer
- Tier 2 Sportsperson Visa
The work permit application process is led by the employer who is responsible for issuing you (the applicant) with a Certificate of Sponsorship. Employers who want to know more about Tier 2 work permits are advised to read our section on Tier 2 visa information for employers.
The UK five tier visa systems consist of the following:
- Tier 1 Visa: This visa category is for 'high-value migrants' from outside the EEA and covers entry of entrepreneurs, investors, and those very few people who come under the 'exceptional talent' visa.
- Tier 2 Visa: This category is for 'skilled workers' from outside the EEA with a job offer in the UK. It includes skilled workers who are transferred to the UK by an international company, skilled workers where there is a proven shortage in the UK, ministers of religion and sportspeople.
- Tier 3 Visa: This category was designed for low-skilled workers filling specific temporary labor shortages. The Government has so far never allocated any visas under this scheme. Unfortunately, this means that you cannot apply for the Tier 3 visa scheme. UK work permit visa.
- Tier 4 Visa: This category is for students aged over 16 from outside the EEA who wish to study in the UK. Applicants must have a place at a registered UK educational establishment before they can apply.
- Tier 5 Visa: This category contains six sub-tiers of temporary worker including creative and sporting, charity, religious workers, and the youth mobility scheme which enables about 55,000 young people every year to work in the UK on working holidays. The visas are awarded to young people from countries that have reciprocal arrangements with the UK.
Other UK visas
The five tier system covers most work, study, and investment visas. But visitor visas, family visas, and some UK business visas fall outside of the five tiers.
- UK Visitor Visas: This section has the information you need to enter the UK as a visitor, whether for business or pleasure
- UK Family Visas: Whether you want to bring your family to the UK, or join a family member already living there, this section covers the main UK visa options for families.
- UK Business Visas: This section covers a limited number of long term business visas which fall outside of the five tier system. UK work permit visa.
schengen visa countries, schengen visa philippines, schengen visa uk, schengen visa application, schengen visa from india, schengen visa validity, travel visa for europe, europe visas for americans, europe visa requirement, work visa for london, uk standard visa application form, uk visa application, uk work visa from usa, work in uk for foreigners, requirements for uk work visa, uk work visa for americans, uk work visa for indian, uk work permit visa , uk work visa cost, temporary work visa uk, work in uk for foreigners, how to get work permit for uk without job offer, uk tier 2 visa, companies providing work permit uk