Austria Work Visa Application – Work Visa Requirements
Austria work visa application, Austria is one of the richest countries in the world and its residents enjoy a high standard of living. The country joined the European Union in 1995. It is now part of the European Schengen Area and also part of the Euro zone making it easy to travel from there throughout Europe. Austria has recently completely remodeled its work visa system and has introduced the Red-White-Red Card, which grants legal permanent residence. Austria work visa application procedures.
Austria Entry Requirements
Non-EU nationals, when showing up at the Austrian port of entry, will have to present some travel and identification documents to the Austrian border officer. These documents are as follows:
- A valid passport or travel document. Issued in the last 10 years and it should be valid for at least 3 months after your date of departure.
- A visa – if you are subject to Austrian visa regime.
Please note that the Austrian border officer holds the final decision whether you should be permitted to enter Austria or not. Austria work visa application. The border official will check your documents and may ask you a few questions about your trip to Austria like:
- What is your purpose of visiting Austria?
- How long do you intend to stay in Austria?
- Where are you going to stay in Austria? Etc.
And if everything looks okay, you will be allowed to enter Austria, and thus the Schengen Area. Please, make sure that the Austrian border officer stamps your passport when you enter the Schengen area. Without a stamp, you could be fined or detained from Austria.
What Type of Visa Do I Need to Enter Austria? – Austria work visa application
If you are planning to visit Austria for a short stay trip (up to 90 days), then you have to apply for a Schengen short stay visa to Austria, known also as a C-type visa. Depending on your purpose of entry to Austria, you can get one of the following Schengen visa types for Austria:
- Austrian Airport Visa – for those who need to transit through one of the Austrian airports, to reach their travel destination country, outside the Schengen Area. Austria work visa application.
- Austrian Tourist Visa – for those wishing to visit Austria for holidays or sightseeing.
- Austrian Visitor Visa – for travelers who want to visit friends or family members residing in Austria.
- Austrian Business Visa – for business people who need to attend business-related activities in Austria.
- Austrian Visa for Official Visit – for Official Delegations coming to Austria on an official trip.
- Austrian Medical Visa – for people seeking medical treatment in Austria.
- Austrian Study Visa –for students that wish to attend a course for up to three months at an educational institution in Austria.
- Austrian Visa for Cultural, Sports and Film Crews – for people wishing to attend an activity in Austria that belongs this nature. Austria work visa application.